The capability of human beings of producing offspring is termed as fertility which depends on many factors influencing the ability of the couple and also determining its rate. Here is an effort to answer some common questions which couples are faced with, keeping in view the declining rate of fertility in the United States.
How do we know the actual cause of my infertility?
A large percentage of American couples have problems relating to infertility which may be due to one or more determinant factors. Improper planning for the future and failing to identify the factors that pose potential risk are some of the primary reasons why parents in America are faced with this increasing problem. The sooner they take advice of a doctor, the better is for them to have the problems attended to in time to avert the possibility of becoming childless throughout life. Factors that need to be attended to are:
- Hormonal imbalance – The process of ovulation is affected due to irregularities in secretion of hormones which are causes of short and long menstruation cycles and excessive periods.
- Body weight – Under or overweight can be a determining factor of infertility
- Disorders that are auto immune – Diseases like diabetes, thyroid and other auto immune imbalances can affect the fertility in both men and women.
- Intake of alcohol and tobacco – Alcohol consumption and smoking are deterrent factors which can have great influence on fertility.
- Medication – Temporary infertility is sometimes caused by taking anti depressant and pain killing drugs.
- Inflammation in the pelvic region – Ovarian cyst, ruptured appendix and sexually transmitted disease which are some of the causes of this disorder are factors that can cause infertility.
How do we make sure of conceiving?
Sometimes having casual sex may lead to conception, percentage of which is low as compared to those planned according to the ovulation period. Knowing what are your fertile days by maintaining an ovulation chart and analyzing the ovulation calendar and charting the days of ovulation beforehand would be rather a more pragmatic approach to increase the chances of conception.
How can financial factors be determinant to the increase or decline in fertility rate?
Recession has shown us that it can also play a significant part in determining the rate of fertility. General awareness of financial condition and security are two main factors that influence the rate of fertility in America. As such economic malaise is considered to be linking factor to the decline in the rate of infertility.
Do I need to worry about having babies in my 40s?
Although the rate of fertility in women during their 40s is much less than those under 30, and pregnancy may be associated with complications like miscarriage and other physical disorders, chances of getting pregnant during this period are not remote. Probability of getting pregnant in the 40s is not that much low provided couples stick to certain basic rules. Having cleared all doubts of any physical disorder which may be deterrent factor for fertility, couples engaged in sexual intercourse just 2 days before the day of ovulation and if your counterpart is of your same or even 1 or 2 years older, there is a great probability of conceiving. Otherwise, it is better to consult a doctor who may advice on fertility treatment.
- Understanding Infertility: 5 Most Common Diagnoses & Treatment Solutions (ireport.cnn.com)
- Understanding about your ovulation! (ovulationkitblog.wordpress.com)
- Find out about your wife’s fertility with ovulation calculator! (ovulationkitblog.wordpress.com)
- India IVF Treatment Market 2018 Outlook in New Research Report at MaretReportsOnline.com (prweb.com)
- Preparing For Pregnancy: Chapter 1 (writedge.com)